Gas Line Repair and Installation
As homeowners the possibility of a gas leak can certainly be a scary thought. The inhalation of toxic fumes can be a danger to you, your family and pets as well as the potential for an explosion and needs to be taken care of immediately! Please take immediate precautions when you suspect a gas leak.
Signs of a Gas Leak
- Rotten egg smell – Many of us are familiar with that foul rotten egg smell that comes from natural gas.
- Hissing sounds – If you hear hissing or whistling sounds from a gas line.
- Dead vegetation in your yard – If you notice a patch of dead vegetation in your yard, this could be the result of a leaking gas line which could have been caused by extreme weather, ground shifting or normal wear and tear.
The smell of rotten eggs is an obvious sign that you have a gas leak. This could be a connection to a gas-powered appliance, a gas fireplace, water heater or coming even from outside the home.
What To Do If You Suspect & Smell A Gas Leak
- In the state of Utah, call or contact Questar Gas
- Utah Government Gas Leak Information
- Utah News Gas Leak Info
Avoid turning on any electronic device or anything that could create a spark and do not start your car if it is near the house. Do not use a lighter or any open flame or any electronic device hooked up to switches and outlets such as lights or appliances and leave the property immediately.
Call Keemer Plumbing, we can help you locate the leak and repair or replace the gas line if needed. We recommend that you have your gas line inspected regularly to prevent any potential leaks. We can do the following:
Gas Leak Testing– to determine if there is a leak in the system.
Gas Leak Detection – to detect and locate the gas leak. Once found, we will go over the options for the repair and provide you with an estimate.
Gas Leak Repair – once the leak has been located, options have been discussed and you have given approval for us to move forward, we will get the leak repaired and get your gas back on for you as soon as possible.
New Gas Line Installation – we can run gas to your new gas cooktop, oven or outdoor kitchen. We have the experience to make your dream a reality.